Emily Meeks, a documentary photographer in Charleston, SC, specializes in finding beauty in the ordinary moments that families share. Emily's organic, non-directed approach to family portrait sessions produces honest images that are as raw as they are beautiful. From intimate birth sessions to relaxed days at home, Emily's passion is documenting moments in the real lives of families. By capturing life as it happens, she connects images to memories, giving families a visual link to their own lived histories.
A family session with Emily is designed to feature your family at its most genuine and comfortable. She treats each shoot with care and creativity, working with families to customize unforgettable experiences. Emily's eye for details and personal commitment enable her to deliver images as distinctive and unique as the families she shoots. For more information or to begin your family's photography project, please browse this site or contact Emily today!
I am a true 'country girl' living in an all male household. Together with my husband, bonus son, and twin boys, I live about 45 minutes from Charleston. Our country life is truly a world apart from the busy, sophisticated and charming City of Charleston. we can easily be on a creek within minutes from our home, or riding four wheelers through the mud just outside our door. I hope you enjoy getting to know me through my personal pictures and a few little "fun" facts about me!
- I'm a lover of all things chocolate and you can sometimes find my family enjoying dessert before dinner!
- I have ADD when it comes to crafting...I can spend hours sewing, making jewelry, painting and not complete one single project. My husband has lots of patience with me and my "stuff"!
- I could eat Mexican food EVERY night, with a margarita of course!
- Nothing beats watching the sun set from a boat with a Corona in hand.
- My favorite activity to do with my son Charles is to watch the birds that come to our feeder. He comes up with some pretty interesting names for them!
- With Dawson, my other son, I enjoy board games...Sorry is our favorite!
- I have a bonus son, William, who is 16. He's your typical teenager who we have to beg to spend family time with...but, he is the best big brother any mother could ask for! He is adored by his younger brothers and he ALWAYS makes time to spend with them!